Sunday, February 21, 2010

Raw Cheese


Whenever we are at Vitamin Cottage, I look at the selection of raw cheeses. For some reason, I have decided that these cheeses are probably amazing. Alas, they are also expensive, so we have left them to our imagination. A couple of weeks ago, it was my birthday. My husband, correctly so, decided that a good present would be a fun kit of different teas, cookies, crackers, chocolates, and... the cheese! He got me two different kinds to try, one a hard cheddar, and the other a soft cheddar spread. Cheddar is totally my favorite. So I made each of us some samples and we had a taste test. Raw cheese, it turns out, tastes way better than pasteurized cheese. I don't know why exactly, maybe you can taste more of the subtle things that might be otherwise killed. All I know is this cheese has spoiled me into wishing it was the only cheese I ever got to eat. We will be sure to get it for special occasions here and there, but unfortunately, it can't be our go-to thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment