Sunday, July 18, 2010

Magic Beans

At the farm last weekend, I picked up some beans. I will call them magic beans. They probably have some sort of lame boring name that I don't feel like googling, so magic beans it is. They start off this lovely shade of purple, but after you cook them, they go green. Secretly I wish they stayed purple, but whatevs. They have a mild taste. They don't taste as green as a regular green bean, if that makes sense. I have thrown them in a few different side dishes, but this one was the winner. And it wins for simplicity too.

All I did was cut a bunch of red potatoes into chunks, throw in a bunch of the beans, also cut into chunks, and boil it in not-chicken broth till soft. The liquid cooked down, and the starchiness from the potatoes turned it into a gravy like consistency. For flavoring, all I used was salt and pepper and Italian seasoning. The end. Seriously, for as plain as this sounds, it was super good.

1 comment: