Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Scallops and risotto


There was a good sale on scallops (pretty much the only time we are lucky enough to get them for dinner) so I made an old copycat favorite of bang bang scallops. You can see how I make them in this old blog. A wonderful treat! I was feeling ambitious so I also decided to make some risotto. Now I know everybody thinks it is sooooo scary to try and cook it, but srsly it couldn't be simpler. Can you stir? Then you can make risotto. All you do is add the cooking liquid a little at a time (not-chicken broth in my case) and keep stirring. When it's done, you add a pat of butter and a boatload of parmesean. This is not an every day food, but man is it good.

1 comment:

  1. You know who I think made it scary? Gordon Ramsay from Hell's Kitchen.

    ReplyDelete