Friday, January 15, 2010

Scallops and rice

Last night, I made a very delicious dinner. I will go over it in 2 parts. First, the scallops. Well, let me backup a second. K and I really like a restaurant by us called the Bonefish Grill. The main reason we like it is for an appetizer they have called bang bang shrimp. A week or so ago, we found a copycat recipe for it, so we had to try it out. At the store, they were having a shrimp sale, so they were out, which is why we ended up with scallops instead. You cornstarch the scallops, and fry them. And then toss them in a sauce made from mayo, Thai sweet chili sauce and Sriracha. It turned out to be pretty close to the real recipe. I should have put more Sriracha, but it is easy to add more as we were eating.
The other part of our dinner was pineapple fried rice. I got this recipe off of another food blog I read called Almost Bourdain. I changed it a little, by replacing the chicken and prawns with tofu. It was good too. And, as a by-product, we have leftover pineapple now, since I didn't use it all! Oh and if you check out her link, I did not actually serve it in the pineapple like she did. I am not that fancy! Also I have no idea how to cut a pineapple without wrecking the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment