Sunday, December 6, 2009

Marshmallows

This year for Christmas, everybody is getting (spoiler alert!) a basket of sweets. I plan on mostly making cookies, but I have a couple of experiments to try as well. I found a recipe for homemade hot chocolate mix, and one for marshmallows. Obviously, I need to try these out before subjecting my friends and family.

The marshmallow experiment turned out pretty well! They were super easy to make. I used shaved chocolate on the top and bottom, instead of the toasted coconut that was called for. And the recipe said to roll the sides in confectioners sugar, which I did, although I won't do that again. I think if I used dust from graham crackers it would've been way better.

The biggest secret to marshmallow making is to use wet hands, and to keep your knife wet. This is the only thing that helps with the stickyness. These treats will be a part of my finished Christmas product!

No comments:

Post a Comment