Sunday, March 28, 2010

The great ricotta experiment


At lunchtime the other day, I was looking through the fridge for something to eat. I didn't find any sort of complete meal, just bits. I decided to try something inventive. I had half a tub of leftover ricotta, some plain cooked noodles, part of an onion and part of a can of tomato sauce that we use as pizza sauce. I sauteed the onion and some garlic in oil, added a few spoonfuls of ricotta, mixed in the noodles and cooked it together for a couple of minutes. It kind of looked odd, so I decided to put in the tomato sauce too. The result wasn't the greatest thing I've ever made, but it was pretty good. And better than just wasting the rest of the ricotta. I don't know what else to use it for besides lasagna type of meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment