Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Brussels sprouts r pretty good akshully

Brussels Sprouts. I don't think I have ever had them before, but I was pretty sure that I didn't like them anyway. Since K loves them, I decided to suck it up and try making them properly (i.e. fresh with a recipe, not frozen and mushy and smelly). I found a recipe that called for shredded sprouts and shredded shallots (I used onions instead because I had them) to be sauteed in butter. Once they were pretty wilty, you add lemon juice. Then, I followed one of the comments that was with the recipe on whatever website I got it from, that said to put it in a dish, put parmesean on top, and pop it under the broiler for a few minutes until brown. It turns out that it was good! I would definitely have this again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment