Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Salt


It is such a kitchen basic. But it is so important! I heart kosher salt. After years of watching chefs on various cooking shows always reach for it, I tried it myself and was hooked. This is the celebration of our third box. Is it strange that we keep track of the boxes of kosher salt we have used? Yes, probably. But if you use it, you know. It is so much easier to use to sprinkle in this or that or everything. It takes us quite a while to use a box up. I know a lot of people blah about cutting salt, but it can really be a turning point in a dish, whether sweet or savory. I think salt is not people's problem.... its all the chips and fries and processed foods that salt comes on. Salt is just the innocent bystander! I celebrate it...... YAY SALT!!

p.s. Sorry for the blurry picture. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to take a picture of a box of salt! The box is sort of shiny, even though it is cardboard. Ugh. This was like the 10th try so it is what you are stuck with

No comments:

Post a Comment