Saturday, October 10, 2009

I'll call this one "the kitchen sink"

So the other day, or maybe the other week.... I don't remember since I am getting behind on these updates! Anyway, one night, I made dinner. Sometimes I like to make up a concoction that uses the bits and pieces I have left over from piles of vegetables. They don't always work out, but this one did, woohoo!

In the dutch oven, I sauteed some onions, shallots, and garlic in some olive oil. I added carrots, celery and some green beans. Next I added some chicken cut into large pieces (I mean a breast or thigh meat cut into about thirds, not bite sized). I also put in some chopped, thick cut bacon. Once this was cooked for a few minutes, I added mushrooms and broth (both chicken and veggie since I had a little bit of each). This wasn't enough liquid, so I had to add some water too. The only spices I used were salt, pepper, and a bunch of thyme. After that, I plopped the lid on, and boiled away. About 30-45 minutes later, most of the liquid was gone and a tasty dinner was made.

1 comment:

  1. You're so daring! I'm nowhere close to confident enough in the kitchen to just start throwing things together! ha!

    ReplyDelete