Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Best dinner ever.... or at least for now


We love salmon in my house, but tend to cook it in the same handful of ways all of the time. So we decided to try something new. K wanted a sauce, and found a good recipe on epicurious.com for a lemon cream sauce.

We grilled the salmon with just salt and pepper, and made the sauce on the side. I also boiled some green beans for our nightly veg. We smothered those beans in the sauce too! To make the sauce, I sauted some chopped onion in butter (the recipe called for shallots, but I didn't have any on hand). Next, I added about a cup of heavy cream and the zest from a whole lemon. I cooked it for 10 minutes, then added a couple of Tbsp of lemon juice and removed the pot from the heat. It stood for a little while so that we could eat our salads, and thickened a bit in that time.

It was soooo good. I will make this and variations on it a lot in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment