Sunday, September 13, 2009

Tomatoes, we has them

This was the first year we tried growing a garden. I assumed that nothing would come of it, so I insisted that we also join the CSA for one more year. This is causing us to have veggie overload! Every week I bring bags in to some of the girls at work, and we are still up to our ears in veggies. To combat this problem, I need to learn how to can. Or to 'put up' as the experts call it.

Yesterday I went out and got a bunch of jars, and a kit that has the other stuff I will need to can these tomatoes. K and I aren't fans of raw tomatoes, but we use them all the time in our cooking, for pizza, pasta, Indian food, etc. Hopefully this will work out! Either I will learn a new skill this weekend or else I will waste A LOT of food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment