Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pizza Night

Usually friday is pizza night, but since this week we had the ice cream feast, pizza was pushed back to saturday. I make the pizza dough from scratch. People think I am nutty, but it is so easy! Mix water and yeast, wait 10 minutes, mix in the rest of the ingredients and wait 30 more. That's it! Just as fast as ordering it in on a weekend. And way tastier.

I was being a little bad this week and had pepperoni. It had been so long since I've had it! We got some gigantic ones from the deli. They covered the whole top of my pizza. Either this, or the fact that the dough was a little thicker than normal caused me to end up with magic middles when I thought it was done. A few more minutes in the oven fixed that. Although the meat is all you can see, I actually have mushrooms, onions, orange peppers and feta on there too.

K makes his pizza as a pepper lovers. He put 3 or 4 different peppers on his, along with mushrooms and onions. He likes to put olive oil over the top of his to get the veggies to cook better. Since his pizza was second, he cooked it a minute or two longer to make sure it was all cooked the first time, instead of being like mine.

I highly suggest cooking your own pizza. You can put whatever, and however much of it you want on em, and once the dough is ready, its just a few minutes in the oven. Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment