Tuesday, September 15, 2009

How to know if it is monday around here

We belong to a CSA from a farm called Grant Family Farm. Monday is our veggie pick up day. This means we have a goal to try and get through everything from one week before the next monday rolls around. On monday nights, we usually cook a bunch of vegetarian things, mostly to try and use a bunch of our haul while it is the freshest.

Last night we made this:

To start with, there are candied carrots that I made using brown sugar and water. Next is eggplant, which we sliced and then grilled. We made a chinese type of sauce that we got off of a copycat recipe for something at P.F. Chang's. It is good sauce. I liked the eggplant this way. Well I should clarify, that I like the japanese eggplant this way. Regular old fat eggplant isn't something that either K or I can seem to enjoy, no matter how we make it. Lastly, I made sauteed and then broiled some potato slices with onion, and eventually added a bunch of spinach, which I wilted. All I added to it was some olive oil, salt, and pepper. I somewhat mashed the potatoes when they were cooked, and it turned out really well. This would be a delicious thing ti add eggs to for a breakfast.

Everything we cooked here, including the salads we had on the side, came in this weeks CSA box. And there is still a lot more things! We are in the summer bounty, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment