Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Apples in spaghetti sauce!

That's right. You read me right. Apples. In spaghetti sauce. I got the idea from Lidia's Italy again. K and I couldn't decide if it would be good or gross and the only way to settle that is to make it! It was a very easy sauce. Just saute chopped onion and celery in olive oil, add tomatoes (we sauced ours in the food processor), cook for awhile, then add a shredded granny smith and a shredded red delicious in at the end. Of course salt to taste. Serve on noodles with parmesean as usual.

As for the verdict.... it was really good!! It wasn't overly appley, just sweet. If I didn't know what the secret was, I don't know that I couldv'e even named it! I will make this again. Plus it would be a fun thing to make when people come over to freak them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment